CT scan is in short for Computed Tomography and is considered to be a highly customized and powerful x-ray diagnostic tool. The success of any type of scan will depend upon how well the person follows the given instructions and specifications. CT scan is also popularly known as CAT Scan. This medical scanning device does offer numerous benefits over X-rays. It does provide clear images of the body’s internal soft tissues.
Where is it Applied?
CT scan in Chennai is applied on different areas, which are given below:
- Diagnosis: There are various types of disease that do require proper and in-depth diagnosis. Such diagnosis and inspection will be possible only if there is necessary certain in-depth penetrative inspection like in the CT scan report.
- Monitoring: Different types of treatments do require 24/7 monitoring of the patient’s health conditions and developments made. It can encompass checking tumor size prior to and after treating cancer.
- Proceed further: Some tests do require a much-advanced diagnosis for proceeding ahead with the treatment process. Hence, CT scan times at times tend to form the very basis to determine the crux to provide the patient with enhanced specialized treatments.
Prepare for CT Scan Report
Generally, the CT Scan is used for determining birth defects and bone abnormalities such as tumors, abscesses, stroke, infections, fluid buildup, bleeding, etc.
How is it Achieved?
- It appears similar to a huge thick ring, inside which is present x-ray source. Sensors are built opposite to x-ray source, which is quite sensitive towards the matter.
- To derive efficient and smooth CT Scan report, the patient is required to lie down flat on the bed, which in turn slides into sensor ring. Then the patient’s brain within the cranium region is read. At times, the procedure is termed as Cranial CT image.
- During the procedures, jewelry of any type worn on the body including metal ornaments is to be removed. Otherwise, the penetrating rays will be obstructed from carrying out thorough scanning of the concerned body part.
Some Precautions to Take
- At times, the bloodstream is injected with a dye for regulating the scan’s effects. The dye is then placed into the bloodstream to provide the patient with the odd taste as well as flushing feeling.
- X-rays, which are used partially in the CT scan report, sometimes are found to be dangerous for health, especially if exposed for a long time.
- Sedatives are provided during some scanning procedures. Hence, it becomes essential to bring along someone who can help drive back home after the completion of the procedure.
Therefore, it can be stated that the benefits offered by CT scan centers in Chennai definitely outweigh the side effects that come with it. With the image taken from the device, the physician is in a position to provide proper diagnosing of the ailment and also identify the region where it has affected. This way, it becomes possible to provide accurate treatment for the ailment.